Ancient Appian Way and the Catacombs of Saint Callixtus by Vespa
Minimum 2 persons
Duration: 4 Hours
Departure time: 10.00
From the largest amphitheatre in the Roman world, the Colosseum, to the impressive ruins of the Palatine, the palace from where the Emperors admired horse racing in the Circus Maximus, an arena that could accommodate up to 250,000 spectators.
The view of the Pyramid of Cestius is unique, as this is the only pyramid in Europe, realized by Caius Cestius in the first century AD as his great burial place; leaving the mighty Aurelian walls, you will reach the ancient Appian Way, Regina Viarum, the most important of the Roman Consular roads; here you will stop for a guided visit to the Catacombs of St. Callixtus, one of the most impressive and evocative underground cemeteries of the Early Christian era.
Finally, a few hundred meters from the Circus of Maxentius, you will fall under the charm of the ruins of the tomb of Caecilia Metella, which dates back to the first century BC and was reused as a tower of a still intact medieval castle.
- Itinerary dedicated to the discovery of the most important archaeological areas of the city;
- Guided visit to the Catacombs of St. Callixtus, one of the most impressive underground
cemeteries of the Early Christian era (entrance tickets included in the tour price).
- Charming promenade along the ancient Appian Way.
- The tomb of Caecilia Metella, dating back to the Roman times,
later reused as a tower of a still intact Medieval castle.
- The tour shall start from our Meeting Point at Via Cavour 80, where you shall arrive 15-20 minutes before the scheduled departure time;
- You will receive a short briefing about the places you shall visit during the various stops;
- Departure from our shop and start of the scheduled tour that foresees a stop at every single location along the scheduled itinerary (see Itinerary);
- Return to our shop after a tour of about four hours;
- When returning to our shop, you shall receive a souvenir to remind you of your tour;
- Entrance tickets to the Catacombs of St. Callixtus Please note : access to the catacombs will be allowed only to those having a covid-19 Green Certification (Green Pass or equivalent certification).
Option A: € 112.00 per person
A couple of customers will share the same vehicle (2 customers, 1 vehicle). This option is suitable for couples who do not
want to travel separately. The driver is requested to have the necessary mastery of motorbike driving, not limited to few and
Option B: € 140.00 per person
Each customer will drive a separate vehicle (1 customer, 1 vehicle) and shall not carry any passenger. This option is suitable
for heterogeneous groups of customers, each having previously achieved the requested driving experience, who want to enjoy
Option C: € 175.00 per person
Each customer is a passenger of a vehicle driven by a driver of our staff. This option is suitable for those
who have little or no experience in driving a scooter but still want to experience the pleasure of a tour riding a timeless Vespa.